Thursday 2 September 2010

Dorris Does

Meet the lovely Pippi Jolley:



She runs Dorris Does - the cutest, most amazing little treasure trove of vintage clothing and beautiful handmade jewellery in the Stables Market in Camden that we've ever seen:


She was nice enough to sit down and have a cup of tea with Brian today and answer some of his questions. Here's what they chatted about:

Brian: How did Dorris Does begin?

Pippi: Dorris Does started as a little jewellery stall in Camden Lock Market. I wanted to create cute vintage looking treasures without the hefty price tag. This transferred into my love for all things vintage and providing my customers with beautiful hand picked garments and accessories all in a little Aladdin's cave.

Brian: What is your most treasured vintage item?

Pippi: A silver charm bracelet my godmother left me, the chain was my great grandfathers and my dad bought her all the charms, this is probably where my love for charms came from.

Brian: What is your favourite way to spend Sunday?

Pippi: At Camden Market working on my stall making necklaces all day long with lots of cups of tea in between.

Brian: Do you have a nickname?

Pippi: It's Dorris, yes with two r's because its nice to be different sometimes. My boyfriend gave me that name because he said I'm like an old lady most of the time.

Brian: Tell is something we don't know about you...

Pippi: I'm studying jewellery design at Central Saint Martins.

Brian:
What was the best birthday you ever had?

Pippi: My 21st this summer, I had an alcoholic tea party, I discovered that vodka and tonic is supposed to be drunk from a teacup.

Brian: And finally what is your favourite cake?

Pippi: My favourite cake has to be the fairy cakes my grandma makes, I could eat them all day long.

Visit the Dorris Does website here and we definitely recommend you take a trip to Camden Market to visit Pippi's shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment